- Coverage rate: 310 ft2 /gal; 78-80 ft2 /qt
- Available colors: White, Gray
- Packaging: Quart, Gallon, and Five Gallon
- Thinner: ePaint EP-13 thinner
- Application: Traditional methods – roll (1/4” nap or foam), brush, or spray (HVLP) ? Finish: Eggshell-like finish
- Recommended number of coats: 2 or 3 full coats with 2 extra coats at the waterline and leading edges.
- Compatibility: Fiberglass, aluminum, wood, outboards, outdrives, trim tabs, epoxy type primers, and most popular traditional bottom paints.
- Safe for aluminum and metal; prime bare metal first with ePaint EP-Prime 1000
For complete application procedures and requirements see the Tech Data Sheet tab.
- Do not apply EP-21 on unpainted metal surfaces; for bare metal, first coat with EP-Prime 1000 corrosion inhibiting primer.
- Due to the soft ablativeness of EP-21, applying the recommended number of coats is strongly recommended for maximum service life
- For easier application at cool or warm temperatures, or for spray application, reduce with E-Paint EP-13 thinner
- EP-21 does not contain a pesticide and it is not considered an antifouling coating; typically boat movement provides enough force to knock growth away from hull. Depending on boat usage and environment, maintenance scrubbing may be required to keep hull clean but growth is readily removed as long as paint is on the hull
- Take care when cleaning EP-21 surface via power washing at end of season; too forceful spray technique will remove good paint
- EP-21 is a very soft ablative and should be removed before re-coating with a different paint system; EP-21 is readily removed by power washing or sanding